Queens Regnant!
Welcome to the official Queens Regnant site! We're a group of female gamers that come here to play games like for Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. If you would like to join please register and remember to introduce yourself and stay active!

We are now letting guys join the site! We made a sub clan for the guys called The Royal Knights! You guys are going to be our knights, since we being Queens. So gentleman welcome aboard!

QR Staff~
Queens Regnant!
Welcome to the official Queens Regnant site! We're a group of female gamers that come here to play games like for Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. If you would like to join please register and remember to introduce yourself and stay active!

We are now letting guys join the site! We made a sub clan for the guys called The Royal Knights! You guys are going to be our knights, since we being Queens. So gentleman welcome aboard!

QR Staff~
Queens Regnant!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
If you're happy and you know it, VISIT QR MORE OFTEN DARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ash and Katie <3 you girls (and guys)!~ <--- Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Mmm, corned beef.
QR's very own subclan, The Royal Knights, has arrived! Welcome aboard guys.
Don't forget to vote for your favorite QoP banner! There's still time left to vote!
Latest topics
» How to encounter Entei and Raikou in HG/SS easier with the Riot Method
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:56 am by Slither2Hunter

» March Tourney
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:50 pm by MissMisa12

» Plans for QoP wars???
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:48 pm by MissMisa12

» cSc Tournament
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 pm by jewlecho

» Royal Knight, Call-to-Arms.
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:59 am by Kangurocow

» Hey, remember me?
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 am by jewlecho

» Friend code thread
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 pm by MissMisa12

» Queens of pokemon Banners!!!
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:06 pm by MissMisa12

» QueensRegnant.Com
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:38 pm by Riot

» The Royal Knights
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 pm by Riot

» Hey you! Click this! O.O
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 pm by daisy

» Clan war against [TF]
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 pm by tpchikki15

» Can you out smart L?
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm by Kangurocow

» Just stopping by. :)
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:21 am by MissMisa12

» TRK Banner Contest!!!11!1
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm by tpchikki15

» warning new girl ready to get her butt kick!!!!!!
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:56 pm by Kangurocow

» Oshi-.... We're Back ;3
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 pm by MissMisa12

» SOMEBODY BRAWL ME NOW
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:16 am by MissMisa12

» Spoiler Youtube Video Quick Fix
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:53 pm by Riot

» mario kart wii tournament
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 pm by daisy

» Recruiting
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:48 pm by (。◕‿‿◕。)

» Valkyria Chronicles
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:09 pm by tpchikki15

» cSc: Won
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:02 pm by tpchikki15

» Pokemon Contests???
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:43 pm by MissMisa12

» Friends/Foes
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 pm by Riot

» February Tourney
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:46 am by Kangurocow

» Favorite pokemons??
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:45 am by Riot

» SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME INTERVIEW GO!!!! [with ash]
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:02 pm by (。◕‿‿◕。)

» Official Post Your FriendCode!
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:42 am by (。◕‿‿◕。)

» Advice Section.
Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 pm by MissMisa12

Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreZa

DreZa

Female
Number of posts : 24

Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Empty
PostDre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC)

So It's been a while since I last reviewed anything, might as well review something now.

If there was a game I was excited about as a whole, it would be Street Fighter IV. Why? Because I am a part of the fighting game community. I'm a part of the Marvel community, the 3rd Strike community, the Tekken community and the Guilty Gear community. If there was a game that would make the community bigger and better, it would be Street Fighter IV. Well, now the game is out.. Was it good? Bad? Mediocre? Lets find out...

Before I start, note that this is from a competitive player and not a casual player, so my opinion is 100% not the same as yours.

Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) Sf4-logo

Intro

The game is set between Street Fighter II and Street Fighter III. So why is it called Street Fighter IV? Well, according to one of the Mods on the Capcom forums, the numbers don't mean much anymore. Plus, calling it Street Fighter 2.5 would be... Stupid... And saying "it's called 2.5 cause it's a 2.5 fighter" is just retarded.. So thank you Capcom for not doing that.

I'd explain the story, but for fighting games, the story doesn't matters unless you're a hardcore fan, but if you're a hardcore fan, I don't need to explain it to you. (:

Pros

First thing everyone would point out is that the game looks beautiful. It literally feels like a moving painting. I personally would've preferred if they stuck with sprites, but knowing how many good 2D artists are left with Capcom and how HD Remix looked, I think making it 3D was probably for the best.

The gameplay is a lot similar to Alpha 3 and Super Turbo. I didn't like ST, but I do love Alpha 3 so that's a plus. They added a new Focus System where some moves can't hurt you and you end up hitting them with a stunning move. I thought that was pretty cool, but preforming a "Focus Breaker", where that move is stopped, isn't exactly hard, so you need to time it just right. However, that is actually good cause it adds more mind games and strategies to a match.

Speaking of mind games, Street Fighter IV is one of the smartest fighting games there is. Your execution doesn't have to be fantastic for you to be great at this game, you just gotta play it smart, which is a great thing for me, cause I don't think my execution is THAT good. (:

There's also a "new" feature which is called the Ultra/Revenge meter, which basically fills up the more you get hit. Pretty sweet concept if you ask me. A real table turner. This is the new super of a character. Actually, the regular Supers are still there, but they take your entire Super meter and you'll be needing it to do EX moves, so it's usually not worth it.

The game is also pretty damn balanced. Good/bad match-ups are still huge part of it, like every other fighting game, but compared to Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Brawl, it's balanced enough. Not as much as Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike though.. (:

And finally, the roster is big. I'm sorta disappointed that there are zero Street Fighter III character presence aside from cameos, but you'll end up liking all the characters, which I guess is a good thing. Still think some characters are pretty ugly like Rufus, even though he's a joke character.

Cons

The first thing I look for in a fighting game is speed. Sadly, Street Fighter IV doesn't offer me that.. It's literally one of the slowest 2D fighters I have ever played. I guess that's because the graphics are in 3D, but having a 2D fighter being slow is kinda of a real bummer..

Second, one of the things I loved about Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike is that you can't get away with a lot of cheap tactics like Fireball spamming and random throws. However, in IV, they totally got rid of the Parry System, so that sorta brings the game down A LOT in the balanced area..

I also don't like the fact that you need to pay to get the alternative costumes. Some might not care, but the alternative costumes are available in the arcades, so I don't see I need to pay an extra 5$ to get SOME of the alternative costumes and 15$ to get them all.. I guess they repaid it for giving us Championship Mode for free, so that's a minor complaint..

Overall

I think the game is good. My heart belongs to Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike and Marvel vs Capcom 2, but Street Fighter IV brought communities together and made it even bigger with new players, so I can't complain.

If you're new to the fighting games scene and you're wondering where to start, this is definitely a good game to pick up. However, if you're a speed obsessed like me, I'll think twice before getting this game and not hope for so much for it. (:
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC) :: Comments

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Re: Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC)
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:11 am by (。◕‿‿◕。)
Wow! Great review! You wanna be part of our QR Editors, we pretty write reviews.
DreZa
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:16 am by DreZa
Thank you. Spot in the GR Editors? I'm not sure, really, I just joined. :/ I'll let you know if I change my mind and the offer is still up. (:
(。◕‿‿◕。)
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:19 am by (。◕‿‿◕。)
Alright, I really want this, but unfortunately I lack a PS3/360. ;_;
DreZa
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:21 am by DreZa
It's worth getting a PS3 for it. You live in Cali? I know there are seven arcades there that have it like Arcade Infinity, Denjin Arcade and Family Fun. (:
(。◕‿‿◕。)
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:24 am by (。◕‿‿◕。)
Yeah, I've played it only a couple times at my friends house. I'll say that last boss was to difficult for me.
DreZa
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:27 am by DreZa
A lot of people complain about Seth. Compared to SNK games' final bosses that I've dealt with in the past, Seth is really not that hard. Put more strategies in your game and play smart, you'll do well.

It's not random button mashing in fighting games as people would like to think..
(。◕‿‿◕。)
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:33 am by (。◕‿‿◕。)
Thats my main problem, button smashing. XD

I still have lots to improve.
DreZa
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:39 am by DreZa
Well, versus a real person, what I usually do is lose the first round on purpose to fill in my meter and learn my opponent's pattern so I can do a huge comeback or I take the first round and play the second round safe to learn my opponent's tricks and not make him memorise MY tricks.

Versus the CPU, it's really not that hard, their pattern never changes, so they're pretty easy for me. I usually spend at least an hour in training mode to learn my character's frame data and try to mess around to see if I can do new combos though, so that really helps.
(。◕‿‿◕。)
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:43 am by (。◕‿‿◕。)
Good to know, first examine then comeback, unless you already know how your opponent plays, like a friend I suppose.
DreZa
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:45 am by DreZa
Well, if you're playing your friend over and they're good, chances are they know your tricks as well, so you'd wanna mix it up a little and not always come back with the same old strategy that you've been using for every other game. (guilty of doing that once..)

Dre Reviews - Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 and PC)

Page 1 of 1