Queens Regnant!
Welcome to the official Queens Regnant site! We're a group of female gamers that come here to play games like for Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. If you would like to join please register and remember to introduce yourself and stay active!

We are now letting guys join the site! We made a sub clan for the guys called The Royal Knights! You guys are going to be our knights, since we being Queens. So gentleman welcome aboard!

QR Staff~
Queens Regnant!
Welcome to the official Queens Regnant site! We're a group of female gamers that come here to play games like for Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. If you would like to join please register and remember to introduce yourself and stay active!

We are now letting guys join the site! We made a sub clan for the guys called The Royal Knights! You guys are going to be our knights, since we being Queens. So gentleman welcome aboard!

QR Staff~
Queens Regnant!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
If you're happy and you know it, VISIT QR MORE OFTEN DARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ash and Katie <3 you girls (and guys)!~ <--- Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Mmm, corned beef.
QR's very own subclan, The Royal Knights, has arrived! Welcome aboard guys.
Don't forget to vote for your favorite QoP banner! There's still time left to vote!
Latest topics
» How to encounter Entei and Raikou in HG/SS easier with the Riot Method
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:56 am by Slither2Hunter

» March Tourney
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:50 pm by MissMisa12

» Plans for QoP wars???
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:48 pm by MissMisa12

» cSc Tournament
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 pm by jewlecho

» Royal Knight, Call-to-Arms.
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:59 am by Kangurocow

» Hey, remember me?
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 am by jewlecho

» Friend code thread
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 pm by MissMisa12

» Queens of pokemon Banners!!!
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:06 pm by MissMisa12

» QueensRegnant.Com
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:38 pm by Riot

» The Royal Knights
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 pm by Riot

» Hey you! Click this! O.O
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 pm by daisy

» Clan war against [TF]
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 pm by tpchikki15

» Can you out smart L?
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm by Kangurocow

» Just stopping by. :)
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:21 am by MissMisa12

» TRK Banner Contest!!!11!1
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm by tpchikki15

» warning new girl ready to get her butt kick!!!!!!
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:56 pm by Kangurocow

» Oshi-.... We're Back ;3
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 pm by MissMisa12

» SOMEBODY BRAWL ME NOW
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:16 am by MissMisa12

» Spoiler Youtube Video Quick Fix
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:53 pm by Riot

» mario kart wii tournament
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 pm by daisy

» Recruiting
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:48 pm by (。◕‿‿◕。)

» Valkyria Chronicles
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:09 pm by tpchikki15

» cSc: Won
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:02 pm by tpchikki15

» Pokemon Contests???
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:43 pm by MissMisa12

» Friends/Foes
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 pm by Riot

» February Tourney
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:46 am by Kangurocow

» Favorite pokemons??
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:45 am by Riot

» SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME INTERVIEW GO!!!! [with ash]
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:02 pm by (。◕‿‿◕。)

» Official Post Your FriendCode!
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:42 am by (。◕‿‿◕。)

» Advice Section.
Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 pm by MissMisa12

Super Mario Galaxy (Review)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tpchikki15
Admin
Admin
tpchikki15

Female
Number of posts : 1889
Humor : Potter Puppet Pals!

Super Mario Galaxy (Review) Empty
PostSuper Mario Galaxy (Review)

Super Mario Galaxy (Review) SuperMarioGalaxy

Console:
Nintendo Wii
Developed by:
Nintendo EAD Tokyo
Published by:
Nintendo

Graphics: Great
Storyline: Good
Characters: Fair
Controls: Good
Music: Good
Overall Grade: Fair

Hands down, my favorite part of the game was the graphics. They were absolutely stunning. Whereas Twilight Princess was beautiful in a real way, SMG was beautiful in an animated way. The stars and planets were so colorful and pretty, I could stare at them all day. They were, in my opinion, absolutely flawless. I wish I could jump into the game and live there.

The storyline, was, unfortunately, not as good as the graphics. It was very basic and one-track. Basically, you have to rescue Peach again, but this time in SPACE! There weren't really any twists and turns, and nothing surprised you. There was a sub-story about Rosalina, but you weren't really involved in it. You just had to get to a certain point in the game to unlock chapters that she would read whenever you went into the library. It was too generic for my liking.

The characters were pretty generic too, but that's not really a bad thing in my opinion. There was Mario, Peach, and Bowser, of course. But Luigi and Toads were also involved. You couldn't play as Luigi, you had to rescue him whenver he got stuck in space. The toads were there for various reasons, like Mail Toad. Then there was my favorite character, Rosalina. She was just... cool. You didn't really find out much about her, but I loved her anyway. The Lumas were awesome as well, and they made me laugh. They were just so darn cute! The reason I gave characters a B+ instead of an A was because there was no Yoshi. In my opinion, Yoshi is so important to Mario games. He was a character I sorely missed. They didn't include him in SM64 either, so I wasn't expecting it, but it would have been a nice surprise.

No complaints about the controls. They were pretty basic too. Jump three times for a triple jump, run and make a sharp turn while pressing A for a U-jump (whatever it's called), etc. The only new move was that you could shake the control stick and spin. You used this to break objects and collect star bits. Mario can't punch or kick in this game for whatever reason, so that's your only attack besides the ground pound.

The music was good, but way too repetitive. There were a few basic songs, and they were repeated through the levels. I can't stand when music is used more than once, so I gave it a B.

I bought this game used, and I'm glad I did. It's not that I didn't enjoy the game, it was just too easy and too repetitive. I couldn't help comparing SMG to SM64, and that's where it falls flat. SM64, you had a little hint at the beginning of the level, then you had to figure out what to do on your own. Far from hard, but not easy either. SMG, you just walked on a 'path' and you found yourself at the end of the level. There was no running room, and no planets that were big and open. It was obvious where to go and what to do. Something else I really missed was the wing, invisible, and metal caps. These were replaced by different kinds of mushrooms, including a boo mushroom and an ice mushroom. I enjoyed experimenting with the mushrooms, but they don't compare with the caps of SM64. Towards the end of the game you can find a red star that will let you fly, but the flying just wasn't as good as the wing cap. So my two biggest complaints: 1. Too easy, and 2. It cut out my favorite things about SM64. If you're interested in this game, I wouldn't hesistate to buy it, I know of many people that think the game is fantastic. It just didn't hit the mark for me.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Super Mario Galaxy (Review) :: Comments

No Comment.

Super Mario Galaxy (Review)

Page 1 of 1