Queens Regnant!
Welcome to the official Queens Regnant site! We're a group of female gamers that come here to play games like for Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. If you would like to join please register and remember to introduce yourself and stay active!

We are now letting guys join the site! We made a sub clan for the guys called The Royal Knights! You guys are going to be our knights, since we being Queens. So gentleman welcome aboard!

QR Staff~
Queens Regnant!
Welcome to the official Queens Regnant site! We're a group of female gamers that come here to play games like for Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. If you would like to join please register and remember to introduce yourself and stay active!

We are now letting guys join the site! We made a sub clan for the guys called The Royal Knights! You guys are going to be our knights, since we being Queens. So gentleman welcome aboard!

QR Staff~
Queens Regnant!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
If you're happy and you know it, VISIT QR MORE OFTEN DARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ash and Katie <3 you girls (and guys)!~ <--- Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Mmm, corned beef.
QR's very own subclan, The Royal Knights, has arrived! Welcome aboard guys.
Don't forget to vote for your favorite QoP banner! There's still time left to vote!
Latest topics
» How to encounter Entei and Raikou in HG/SS easier with the Riot Method
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:56 am by Slither2Hunter

» March Tourney
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:50 pm by MissMisa12

» Plans for QoP wars???
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:48 pm by MissMisa12

» cSc Tournament
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 pm by jewlecho

» Royal Knight, Call-to-Arms.
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:59 am by Kangurocow

» Hey, remember me?
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 am by jewlecho

» Friend code thread
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 pm by MissMisa12

» Queens of pokemon Banners!!!
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:06 pm by MissMisa12

» QueensRegnant.Com
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:38 pm by Riot

» The Royal Knights
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 pm by Riot

» Hey you! Click this! O.O
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 pm by daisy

» Clan war against [TF]
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 pm by tpchikki15

» Can you out smart L?
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm by Kangurocow

» Just stopping by. :)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:21 am by MissMisa12

» TRK Banner Contest!!!11!1
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm by tpchikki15

» warning new girl ready to get her butt kick!!!!!!
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:56 pm by Kangurocow

» Oshi-.... We're Back ;3
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 pm by MissMisa12

» SOMEBODY BRAWL ME NOW
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:16 am by MissMisa12

» Spoiler Youtube Video Quick Fix
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:53 pm by Riot

» mario kart wii tournament
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 pm by daisy

» Recruiting
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:48 pm by (。◕‿‿◕。)

» Valkyria Chronicles
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:09 pm by tpchikki15

» cSc: Won
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:02 pm by tpchikki15

» Pokemon Contests???
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:43 pm by MissMisa12

» Friends/Foes
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 pm by Riot

» February Tourney
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:46 am by Kangurocow

» Favorite pokemons??
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:45 am by Riot

» SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME INTERVIEW GO!!!! [with ash]
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:02 pm by (。◕‿‿◕。)

» Official Post Your FriendCode!
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:42 am by (。◕‿‿◕。)

» Advice Section.
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 pm by MissMisa12

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tpchikki15
Admin
Admin
tpchikki15

Female
Number of posts : 1889
Humor : Potter Puppet Pals!

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Empty
PostPrince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review)

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) Pop3

Console:
GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wii, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Mobile phone (lolwut).
Developed By:
Ubisoft Montreal
Published By:
Ubisoft Montreal

Graphics: Good
Storyline: Good
Characters: Good
Controls: Terrible
Music: Fair
Overall Grade: Bad

I borrowed Prince of Persia from a friend, and they enjoyed it a lot more than I did. I thought it was ok, and I would have been upset if I had bought it. I suppose some versions were rated M, but the wii version was rated T. The graphics weren't that great. They reminded me of Karaoke Revolution in that the people looked so real it was creepy. They tried too hard to make it realistic. The buildings and such looked good, and the fire was really well done.

The storyline was also ok. I felt like it didn't go anywhere, but I might have felt differently if I had played the first two games in the sequel. The plot was mainly find the visier (the main antagonist), be thrown downward, and begin the ascent to the throne room again. Repeat. The Prince did progress from a selfish jerk to a pretty cool guy, which is always a plus. The ending was probably my favorite part of the game. After you beat the visier, you were cast into a dream realm to chase after the evil counterpart of the prince. The whole experience was really crazy, in a good way. My biggest issue was that all you did was jump and climb buildings. There wasn't anything new or exciting, except for the occasional puzzle involving switches.

The characters were good, but there weren't many of them. There was the Prince of course, and he was both annoying and likeable at times. There was the visier, who didn't do much but talk about how he was immortal. Then there was Fara, who was the Prince's alli and his love interest. She was more of a nuisance than a help, since it seemed you were always running around trying to reunite with her rather than taking shortcuts. Finally, there was the Empress of Time, Kalina, who narrated the game as if it was a story. She wasn't in the game itself, except for the beginning and the end. There were a few other minor characters, such as the Prince's father (who we don't see until you find him dead at the bottom of a well) and some old guy that led the citizens of the Prince's kingdom against the sand monsters towards the end of the game.

My least favorite part of the game was the controls. You could perform a variety of tricks, like running up and across walls, but they didn't work all the time. Sometimes you would run across the wall instead of up, resulting in death and repetition of the level, which was extremely annoying. The combos you could do in combat didn't really work either. An example of a combo: wiimote down twice, nunchuck down once, wiimote down once, and nunchuk down three times. Instead, I ended up flailing my arms around instead of concentrating on performing the combo I wanted.

The music was good, when it actually played. It had a creepy Egyptian feel that I enjoyed. Unfortunately, it would start and stop playing at random times, and it sometimes left no background noise at all. The combat music was always the same, and it got much too repetitive at the end.

So Prince of Persia wasn't a terrible game. It's fine to borrow from a friend or rent, but I wouldn't recommend buying it. I don't plan on playing the other games.

Last edited by tpchikki15 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review) :: Comments

If you are willing to give another Prince of Persia game a shot, try Sands of Time. You probably won't have annoying wiimote control problems since it came out a while ago. The game focuses more on the acrobatics (although from your review you didn't seem to like climbing buildings) and rewinding time. Sands of Time is short too (like 10 hours). This game was the first of the current Prince of Persia series to come out and it got pretty good reviews.
i`ve never played prince of persia before,but now that i read the review i know i don`t want to buy it
tpchikki15
Re: Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review)
Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:27 pm by tpchikki15
Yeah, I rated this game harshly lol. It's not that I didn't like climbing buildings, it's just that's all I did. I like variety. What console is Sands of Time for?
I have it for PS2 but it should be on the other consoles for that generation.

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords [The Two Thrones] (Review)

Page 1 of 1